Use of Computer Rooms
All students are expected to observe the following regulations when working in computer rooms. Failure to do so may resul t in your network access being revoked.
- Mobile phones must be switched off.
- Food and drink (including wrappers and bottles) are not allowed in the computer rooms.
- The resources provided are for the College’s students. Students may use the computer rooms only for activities connected with their studies. Use of these facilities for any other purpose is forbidden.
- It is College policy to record the addresses of all Internet sites visited by students. Anyone found accessing sites containing material likely to cause offence to others will have their user accounts revoked.
- Users are only allowed to log on to one computer at any one time.
- Users may only delete from a computer, file or folders which they have created themselves, or that have been set up for their sole use (email messages). Deleting any other files or folders from any computer will be treated as an act of vandalism against College property.
- Users are not allowed to run their own applications/courses. The use of software other than that provided by the College is strictly prohibited.
- The copying of software or tampering with software or hardware is forbidden.
- Users are not allowed to log on to any account other than their own.
- Users are not allowed to let someone else log on with their details.
- Users must produce a valid student ID card when requested to do so by a member of staff.