BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (Marketing)
Course OverviewBTEC Higher Nationals are designed to provide a specialist vocational programme, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their sector and their national recognition by employers allows progression direct into employment. BTEC Higher Nationals offer a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in their sector. Learners are attracted to this strong vocational programme of study that meets their individual progression needs whether this is into employment or to further study on degree or professional courses.
A key progression path for BTEC Higher National Certificate and Diploma learners is to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Business have been developed to focus on:
- providing education and training for a range of careers in business such as administration, personnel, marketing, finance, law, purchasing and management
- providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study to meet local or specialist needs
- providing specialist options which meet the needs of the major functions in business and allow specialisation with career progression and professional recognition in mind
- providing opportunities which underpin some of the knowledge and understanding required for the relevant NVQ level 4 units in Accounting, Management, Personnel, Administration and Procurement
- providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a business context
- providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- providing opportunities for individuals in employment to achieve a nationally recognised level 4 vocationally specific qualification
- providing opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in business or progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in business or a related area.
|Start Dates - 2013 Intakes|
|07 January 2013|
|25 March 2013|
|10 June 2013|
|07 October 2013|
|Start Dates - 2014 Intakes|
|06 January 2014|
|24 March 2014|
|09 June 2014|
|06 October 2014|
Course Awarding Body