- About us
- Access to Higher Education
- Accountancy Courses
- Pearson BTEC Courses
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Pearson BTECH Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training (QCF)
- Pearson BTECH Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (QCF)
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Student Facilities
- Student Services
- Student Services Centre
- Regulations and Policies
- Term Dates
- Tuition Fees and Financial
- New Arrivals
- Employer services
- Student Union
- Academic Facilities
- Study Support
- Student Welfare
- Travel & Transport
- Student Services
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
BTEC Professional qualifications are qualifications at Level 4 to Level 8 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) designed to provide professional work related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work. Consequently they provide a course of study for full-time or part-time learners in schools, colleges and training centres.
BTEC Professional qualifications provide much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards for the sector, where these are appropriate. They are supported by the relevant Standards Setting Body (SSB) or Sector Skills Council (SSC). A number of BTEC Professional qualifications are recognised as Technical Certificates and form part of the Apprenticeship Framework.
On successful completion of a BTEC Professional qualification, learners can progress to or within employment and/or continue their study in the same, or related vocational area.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life achieve a nationally recognised Level 7 vocationally-related qualification progress to employment in a particular vocational sector progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
A first degree from a British University (or equivalent) or HND/BTEC award with relevant experience
This qualification offers an engaging programme for higher education and adult learners who are clear about the area of employment they wish to enter or to which they wish to progress within existing employment. It also provides a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into employment in management following a career break.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Diploma extends the work-related focus from the Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Certificate. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for employment in a particular vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a specific area of work.The 120 credit Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma is also particularly appealing for those learners wishing to progress to an MBA or other Masters degree.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a 120-credit qualification that consists of three mandatory units plusoptional units that provide for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
- Professional Development for Strategic Managers
- Strategic Change Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Corporate Communication Strategies
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
- Strategic Quality and Systems ManagementManaging Corporate Responsibility in the Wider Business Environment
- Strategic PlanningResearch Methods for Strategic Managers