- About us
- Pearson BTEC
- Student Facilities
- Student Services
- Student Services Centre
- Regulations and Policies
- Term Dates
- Tuition Fees and Financial
- New Arrivals
- Student Union
- Academic Facilities
- Support & Guidance
- Student Welfare
- Travel & Transport
- Student Resources
- Student Services
- Contact Us
BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) prepares trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts. To achieve the qualification, there is a requirement for 30 hours teaching practice that requires observation and assessment of performance.
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers and trainers, including:
- individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice, of the qualification.
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) can progress onto the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF).
Learners who achieve the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training and who are progressing to higher education accredited qualifications at level 5 or above can have their Level 4 credit recognised in line with the higher education institution’s arrangements for the recognition of prior learning.
Learners who achieve the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and
Training (QCF) and who wish to progress to an awarding organisation accredited Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training should have their prior achievement recognised.
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training
- Delivering Education and Training
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training
- Using Resources for Education and Training
- Action learning to Support Development of Subject Specific Pedagogy
- Equality and Diversity
The learner will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below before Pearson can award the qualification, i.e. achieve the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily complete teaching practice.
|Minimum number of credits that must be achieved||36|
|Number of mandatory credits that must be achieved||21|
|Number of optional credits that must be achieved||15|
|Minimum number of credits that must be achieved at Level 4 or above||21|
|Teaching practice hours||30|
1 – Age restriction: Minimum: 18
2 – A degree or a relevant vocational and/or academic qualification.
3 – Mature entry
Appropriate work experience
4 – APEL / APL: Students already in employment or with relevant previous experience
5 – English Language Competency: Minimum: CEFR B2
PTE Academic = 51 (in all 4 skills) or IELTS = 5.5 (in all 4 skills)
6- A current DBS Check/Certificate – should not have a criminal background, which might prevent them from working as a teacher with young people or vulnerable adults.
TO BE CONFIRMED
(APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SECURE A PLACEMENT PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THE COURSE. IN CASE YOU EXPERIENCE DIFFICULTIES PLEASE LET US KNOW.
Full Time: £6000.00
Part Time: £3000.00 / Per Annum
Full Time / 1 Year
Part Time / 2 Years