- About us
- Trades Skills
- Security Courses
- On-Line Courses
- Student Services
- Student Union
- Academic Facilities
- Support & Guidance
- Student Welfare
- Travel & Transport
- Student Resources
- School of Business
- School of Computing
- School of Hospitality
- School of Education
- School of Health & Well Being
- Building Services Courses
- Security Courses (SIA)
- Beauty Courses
Diploma in Plumbing Studies – Level 2
Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (6035-02)
For candidates who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector. This qualification does not make candidates fully qualified plumbers.
What does the qualification cover?
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the plumbing sector.
As a plumber you can choose to focus on a range of different areas: from piped water systems for bathrooms and radiators to drainage or even branching out into the gas industry to install central heating systems.
A career in plumbing can lead you down many different career paths, to good wages and the chance to run your own business.
Basic Plumbing Level 2 Certificate.
This is designed for beginners and covers the key areas of the profession.
Start your career in plumbing –
Learn how to deal with leaky pipes, water systems and drainage.
A qualification in Plumbing will help you learn the trade and progress onto an NVQ.
Throughout the course you will be assessed by a range of methods including online exams, practical assessments and written assignments.
- 2365 Level 3 Exams & Assessments
- 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems – Multiple choice exam
- 302 Principles of Electrical Science – Practical assignment and written paper
- 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification – Assignment and Practical task
- 304 Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning – Assignment and Practical tasks
- 305 Electrical Systems Design – Assignment and Written paper
- 308 Career awareness in building services engineering – One theory Assignment
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering – Practical & Theory Training
- Principles of Electrical Science – Theory Based with Practical Demo’s
- Electrical Installations :Inspection, Testing and Commissioning – Practical & Theory Training
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification – Practical & Theory Training
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems – Theory Based
- Electrical Systems design – Practical & Theory Training
- Career awareness in building services engineering – Theory Based
You will build a range of installations in our specially designed practical workshops, whilst learning in purpose built classrooms with electronic whiteboards.
The City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 is the intended progression route for candidates who have already achieved the 2365 Level 2, 2330 Level 2 or 2360 Part 1. It is also possible to join straight onto the Level 3 course if you have previous electrical knowledge and experience.
- 07 November 2020
- 06 February 2021