SECTION 3: TUITION FEE DEPOSIT SCHEME FOR NEW STUDENTS
3.1 Payment of Tuition Fee
All fees are payable in advance when an unconditional offer for a place on one of the courses at CLC is made.
By prior arrangement, you can pay 50% of your tuition fee as a deposit and the balance of fee is payable by the last Friday of the second term. An additional surcharge of 10% on the unpaid tuition fee is payable with the balance for this facility. Tuition fees for AAT, ACCA and EDSML are payable in full at the outset, subject to concession.
Upon receipt of the Tuition Fee Deposit, CLC will reserve a place for you on the course, subject to Unconditional Offer.
The Tuition Fee Deposit is not refundable, except in the circumstances set out in Section 3.2 below.
3.2 Refund of Tuition Fee
Once you have accepted an unconditional offer of a place on a CLC course, you are liable to pay, in full, the total tuition fees payable for the whole year of the course.
However, if you withdraw within two weeks of the course’s advertised enrolment date, you will only be liable for 50% of the total fees payable for the whole year of the course. Any fees paid in excess of this amount will be refunded.
A refund request must be submitted in writing no later than four weeks after the course’s advertised enrolment date. The Registrar or the Finance Department must be notified in writing of the reason for seeking a refund at least one month before the scheduled start of the course along with supporting documents which include:
- A completed Refund Application Form. The amount sought should allow for £150.00 administration charges payable to the College.
- A written notice of withdrawal from the course is received by the College.
Before the scheduled commencement of the course, the student may request the transfer of tuition fee paid to same course commencing on a later date. This request will be placed before the Sub-committee in existence to vet such requests and the decision this Sub-committee makes will be final. The decision will be notified to the applicant in writing within 6 weeks of the request being received.
3.3 Valid refund applications received by the College after the Course has commenced
Only application for refund of the tuition fee relating to academic terms that are yet to come on-stream will be processed subject to the usual conditions.
3.4 Other facts concerning refunds
- All property belonging to the College in the custody of the student (including the Student Identity Card) must be returned to the College in good condition. The cost of property lost or damaged by the student will be made good in full.
- It can take up to 10 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- No interest is payable on refunds.
- Refund is made only to the party that made the payment to the College. Submitting proof of making the payment to the College will be required.
- All refunds are made subject to the covering approval of the Executive Committee.
- Students who submitted application for admission to join the College through their recruitment agent must apply through the same agent for the refund of the tuition fee.
SECTION 4: TUITION FEES
If you have accepted an unconditional offer to study at CLC, you would responsible to pay your tuition fee to the City of London College. You will be personally liable for the other financial charges set out at Section 7.2 below.
SECTION 5: ALL TUITION FEES
5.1 Payment of Tuition Fees
You must pay the Tuition Fee Deposit in accordance with Section 3 above.
The following tuition fee policy payment options are available for the balance of your tuition fees for the first year of your course:
- You may pay the balance of your tuition fees by instalment agreed between you and the finance department. – NOTE: to be accepted onto this instalment plan you will be required to sign a separate agreement, complete and sign a standing order mandate;
- The instalment will include the 10% surcharge based on the unpaid balance of the fee. However, if you pay the balance of the tuition fee within 3 months of the course commencement date, the 10% surcharge may be waived at the discretion of the finance staff;
SECTION 6: TUITION FEES FOR CURRENT/CONTINUING STUDENTS
If you have completed one year of study with CLC you are classified as a continuing student for tuition fee purposes.
The following tuition fee payment options are available for the next year of your course:
- You may pay the total fees payable for the second year of your course by the course’s advertised enrolment date; or
- You may pay 50% of the total fees payable for the next year of your course by the course’s advertised enrolment date and the balance by instalment as set out in section 5.1 above.
SECTION 7: OTHER FINANCIAL CHARGES
7.1 Other financial charges
You may be required to purchase prescribed textbooks.
You may also incur the following additional financial charges:
- Instalment plan for the payment of tuition fees (see Section 5.2 above) – 10% of unpaid fee
- Re-sit Fee – taught module (i.e. the charge for re-sitting an assessment) – £350 per assessment and a maximum of £650 per module
- Re-sit Fee – dissertation (i.e. charge for re-submission) – £350
- Re-take Fee (i.e. the charge for re-taking a module, including dissertation) – pro-rata gross annual fees
- Duplicate academic transcript – £25
- Duplicate CLC Certificate – £50
- Duplicate CLC letter – £10
SECTION 8: SANCTIONS FOR LATE PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES
If your tuition fees have not been paid in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the following sanctions will/may be applied (this list is not exhaustive):
- You will incur a late payment charge of 10% of unpaid fee
- You will not be issued with any official academic transcript, assessment results, or graduation certificate
- You will not be permitted to progress to the next year of your course
- You may be excluded from classes and other educational services and activities provided by CLC or its partners
- You may be excluded from taking assessments (including formative assessments)
- You may be withdrawn from the course, in which case the outstanding tuition fees will become payable immediately
SECTION 9: METHODS OF PAYMENTS
When you make a payment please quote your CLC student number (your student number starts with three zeros followed by a series of six digits).
9.1 Cash payments
Cash payments may only be made in person at CLC’s offices, and must be in GBP currency. You will be issued with a receipt, which you must retain as proof of payment.
9.2 Credit card or debit card payments
Credit card payments may be made in person at CLC’s offices. You will be issued with a receipt, which you must retain as proof of payment. A secured online payment facility is available. If payment is made by credit card, a credit card charge of 2% on the amount paid is levied and is payable in addition to the amount paid.
9.3 Bank transfers
You can pay by direct transfer to CLC’s bank account:
Account name: City of London College
Bank name: Barclays bank plc
Branch: Wembley and Park Royal
Account number: 80214280
Sort code: 20-92-63
IBAN number: GB18 BARC 209263 80214280
SWIFT code: BARCGB22