This 3-day Masterclass course will help you to appreciate the power and flexibility of WordPress, the world’s most popular free tool for the creation and maintenance of websites and blogs. WordPress is built by hundreds of community volunteers, with a wide range of plug-ins and themes available to enhance any site. Because of the software’s huge potential, our course will appeal to anyone looking to learn about setting up and maintaining a website or blog.
The course will take you right from installing and setting up WordPress to customising WordPress with plug-ins and using themes to further enhance the visuals of your site. The course will additionally teach you how to apply advanced SEO techniques to perform better in the search engine rankings to achieve more and better quality traffic to your site.
Our Masterclass & SEO course shows you all you need to get going with this hugely powerful yet free web creation tool. Join us to get the know-how you need and open the door to a host of potential clients.
- WordPress Configuration & Installation
- Understanding of Themes and Plugins
- Publish Pages & Posts
- Understanding of Links, Tags, Categories and Media
- Website Customisation with Advanced Themes
- Create Custom Navigation Menus.
- Manage users and Assign user Roles
- SEO Approach for Adding Title, Meta Tags, Internal links and Images Alt Tags
- Installation of Google Analytic & Google Search Console
- Control content SEO with no index, no follow, and Canonical
- Maximise conversion/subscribers
Get your visitors more involved.
- The benefits and best practices for using the Yoast plug-in
- Yoast focus keyword vs meta keywords
- Accessing key site information with SEO Quake
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for anyone new to web design and development and who wants to develop skills to use WordPress to build great-looking and accessible websites and blogs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer’s operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. An understanding of HTML and CSS would be useful but is not essential.
What are the main benefits of using WordPress?
A well-established and browser-based program, WordPress is one of the most popular and widely-used CMS platforms on the market. Its interface is intuitive and easy to use, new pages can be created, blogs uploaded and published and video and image content embedded in no time at all. It doesn’t require HTML editing software making it extremely accessible to those without a background in website design or development – although taking time to learn the full functionality of the application means you get the most out of it.